Breaking News
recent

THE AKOKITELOUNGE TEAM HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH HONOURABLE AFOLABI AKA (AFOO) the GEN SEC OF THE SUSPENDED UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS STUDENT UNION(ULSU)

THE AKOKITELOUNGE TEAM HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH HONOURABLE AFOLABI AKA (AFOO) the GEN SEC OF THE SUSPENDED UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS STUDENT UNION(ULSU) and this is what he had to say

Greatest Akokites!


My name is Emmanuel Afolabi (AFOO), the General Secretary of the suspended University of Lagos Students Union (ULSU) and one of the rusticated leaders.

When the management of our University - the world acclaimed University of Lagos (UNILAG) begin to lie about their actions and spreading falsehood, then we the students should begin to CRY FOR HELP, because they may wake up one day and say that we all were never admitted into this school, they might as well say that our Union - ULSU was never in existence, or that they've never seen our faces anywhere on this earth.

Our school management is spreading false information that they are not rusticating student leaders because of protest, they have continued in their quest to tarnish our images and turn the student populace against their leaders.

Well, as you can see in the attached snapshot, I was rusticated because of the April 2016 Students' Union led Protest that concerned our welfare as students on campus.
*Remember the period when there was no sachet water for us to drink in the hostels;
*Remember when there would be light in some hostels and some hostels will be experiencing black out because the management failed to tell us where the school's generators are;
*Remember the bad state of our Sports Centre (the Centre where we now hear that N39million has been embezzled); among many other issues.

They alleged that I locked the School gates during the protest, that I locked the DSA's office, and that I declared a protest without Congress approval. (Did I declare a protest? Big lie!)
These are the reasons they gave me a Rustication letter, I asked them to provide proof for these false allegations but they failed to.

Is it not absurd and shameful that an institution like this where intellectualism is supposed to thrive, is where the management cannot differentiate between a Union-declared protest and a single individual-declared protest?
They are making claims that they cannot substantiate when they are supposed to be scholars? SMH

Tomorrow (Wednesday 31st August) by 9am, I (and other affected leaders) will be at the Senate building with my placard to express my displeasure over their actions.
Protest is not a crime, it is my right!
My voice cannot be silenced!

I implore you to join me if OUR WELFARE on campus matters to you. The protest will be peaceful; we don't need to say a word, our placards will speak for us.
This move is to send a message to our school management that we are not happy with their actions, we cannot continue to be silent when it comes to things that matter.

Say NO to violence!
Say YES to Peaceful Protest!
#ReinstateULSULeaders

I remain yours,
#AFOO
Unknown

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.