Breaking News
recent

HON. COMR. EMMANUEL AFOLABI (#AFOO) speaks to AKOKITELOUNGE on his rustication


On my Rustication for 2 Semesters
By Hon. Comr. Emmanuel Afolabi (‪#‎AFOO‬)
“We have come too far, struggled too hard, sacrificed too much and have so much left to do, to allow that which we have achieved for the good of all to be swept away without a fight. And we have not forgotten how to fight.” – Lane Kirkland.
The management of our dear University of First Choice – the enviable University of Lagos (UNILAG) has made it obvious to us that they do not see protest as a right; they have decided to rusticate student leaders (including me) who led the University of Lagos Students’ Union (ULSU) protest of 6th, 7th and 8th April 2016, giving between 2 and 4 semesters rustication.
As if the suspension of our Union is not enough, they invited us to a disciplinary panel and have now taken their decision. They have shown us that they are anti-students, they have told us that they do not care about our welfare on campus, they have allowed ego to overshadow logical reasoning; their actions have exposed their weaknesses.
The Senate of our University have committed an error by their decision to rusticate me (and some other Union leaders) when the matter is pending before the Court of Law – their action can be interpreted to be a contempt of Court. Some of us saw this coming, because we know how they operate.
I have formally appealed against my rustication in a letter to the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council of the University. I won’t stop there; the Honourable Minister of Education and the two Chambers of the National Assembly will soon receive petitions against the UNILAG management from me pending the time the Court will deliver judgment on the matter, the petitions will be supported by every necessary document. I will explore every means to fight this injustice.
Let me use this medium to inform you all that I remain strong, in fact, I am stronger; I am not the kind of leader that will dive into the Ocean and later complain of cold – this is just a phase that will soon pass. I am also very positive that I won’t spend a day longer than expected in this school; I will graduate at the appropriate time and we will be vindicated by the Grace of God.
This post will not be complete without my appreciation to all those who have shown concern through calls, messages and other means, I am grateful. To those who have shown no concern too, I appreciate you. Thank you all very much.
I must also appreciate my Family, especially my wonderful siblings who understand me and respect my decisions at all times, you all are the best.
“If a man hasn’t discovered something that he would die for, he isn’t fit to live.” – Martin Luther King Jnr.
Yours,
#AFOO
Unknown

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.